I’m actually really excited for this. I’m finally moving Like An Introvert to its very own domain name–no more “wordpress.com”! HOORAY!
This is a much-needed change, and one that I’ve put off for too long, for three reasons:
- It costs money to move to a self-hosted domain.
- I was spending money on Study Break, the site I started for Christian college students.
- I was putting all of my focus into Study Break.
But, after a lot of thought and prayer, I’ve decided to shut down Study Break and restore my focus to Like An Introvert, where I first felt my calling to writing. If you’d like to read more about why I’m shutting down Study Break, and read some pretty raw confessions by yours truly, click here.
So, here’s a few of the awesome benefits and changes I’m going to be making for the new site…
- A New Look. Soft blue and neutrals…ah, nowhere near as busy as the theme on this website. It’ll make the site easier for you to look at and navigate. Including a new logo and graphics by my brother…he needed volunteer hours for a scholarship so I decided to make him work for me for free. 😉
- New Commenting System. A self-hosted domain running WordPress allows me to improve the website in ways that a wordpress.com website won’t. The first way I’m taking advantage of this is by getting a new commenting system, allowing you sign in to comment with Facebook, Twitter, or OpenID. NO MORE shall you have to look at that intimidating and impersonal comment box at the bottom. And don’t worry, this system is legit–it won’t spam up your email or your Facebook. I hate that as much as you do.
- Post Migration. What this means is that all of the posts from the current Like An Introvert site will be moved over to the new site. I don’t know if I’ll be able to migrate the comments as well (the new comment system might plop itself right on top of them), but I’ll do my best.
- Other little surprises. Like I said, a self-hosted wordpress site allows me a lot more freedom for personalization. I’ll be adding and changing a bunch more little things to the site to make it easier for you to navigate and find what you need. And besides…I have to keep SOME secrets…;)
And, my favorite announcement yet:
The Email Club!!!
When the new site launches, there will be some fun stuff going on that will bring in new readers and commenters. But to show you all just how much I appreciate you for supporting me and my writing since the very beginning, I’d like to invite you to be one of the first to see the brand new site.
Joining this email club means that I’ll send you out an email notification with access to the new site a week or more before it’s available to the public. Only the ones on the email list will be able to view the new website before its “official” opening–I won’t announce the link on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere else until later. And of course, I’ll have a new post or two rolling out during that time, and you don’t want to miss that…right?
Plus…I have a little thank-you gift tucked into the welcome email, and I’d love for you all to have it. 🙂
And another thing…the early access (and all of the new posts) will start within a week, so you’d better hop on it!